Finding God in the Body by Benjamin Riggs: Book Trailer



Finding God in the Body draws from a variety of traditionsBuddhism, Contemplative Christianity, Judaism, and 12 Step spiritualityto offer a modern, synthesized view that resonates with the Western mind and binds that view to deep and affecting spiritual practices that enables us to experience the God of the body.

Order your copy today (available in paperback/kindle):


Below is an excerpt from Chapter 12, The Freedom to Love: 

“On the spiritual path, we will fall short many times. It is easy to become impatient, frustrated, and overwhelmed. That is why love is so important. Love sees life in everything. It recognizes the life that abides within every creature. This recognition begets respect. Love is patient, kind, and endures all things, as anyone who has attended a wedding knows. Our knowledge, plans, and strategies will reach their wit’s end, but love never tires.“One day, while watching my favorite television show, The Office, I heard those famous words of St. Paul’s yet again but this time with new ears because I was holding my newborn son. As I looked at him and heard, “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love,” I understood. For the first time, I understood.“In that moment, I knew: I knew that I could read every book in the world and make plans from now until the end of time, but my knowledge would be exhausted and my plans would fall short. No strategy and no amount of preparation could ever get me to the finish line. The only thing that remained was love. Only my love for him can bear the hardships and difficulties that our relationship will bring to the surface. Only my love for him can overcome my impatience and arrogance. Only my love for him can guide him without trying to bend him to my will. Only love is humble enough to teach him how to think without teaching him what to think. For only the eye of love sees him as his own person and only love is selfless enough to grant him the space he needs to grow into that person. Love is the only voice within me honest enough to admit that he does not belong to me.”