How Buddhist Meditation Led Me to Christ by Paige Parker


“The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” Exodus 14:14

My first experience with God was simple.I was a teenager. I was unhappy. I remember being pervasively unhappy and dissatisfied with who I was. I hated myself, and because of that, I hated my life. That kind of misery was enough for me to truly desire change. I had been going to Wednesday night church, mainly for social reasons, and nothing had happened that was of particular significance to me in a sermon, or during a song. One night, when I was 16 years old and alone in my bedroom, I dropped to my knees in desperate prayer. I didn’t hear anything, there was no God voice, and I didn’t feel a chill of some spirit passing through me. It was quiet, and I was begging. I begged God to open me up. I knew I was missing some profound truth about myself and my place in this world and I knew I needed Him to start me on a path that I was oblivious to. So I cried, begged, and pleaded. That was it. Then I began to constantly journal, pray, and study the bible along with other Christian inspired books. I specifically remember a book calledBlue Like Jazz that really stirred me. I was an empty vessel when it came to my knowledge of God, with only one direct resource, a Baptist church. And that is where God met me, and our journey began.
Click here to continue reading How Buddhist Meditation Led Me to Christ

Have This Blog Sent to Your Email.