How Buddhist Meditation Led Me to Christ by Paige Parker


“The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” Exodus 14:14

My first experience with God was simple.I was a teenager. I was unhappy. I remember being pervasively unhappy and dissatisfied with who I was. I hated myself, and because of that, I hated my life. That kind of misery was enough for me to truly desire change. I had been going to Wednesday night church, mainly for social reasons, and nothing had happened that was of particular significance to me in a sermon, or during a song. One night, when I was 16 years old and alone in my bedroom, I dropped to my knees in desperate prayer. I didn’t hear anything, there was no God voice, and I didn’t feel a chill of some spirit passing through me. It was quiet, and I was begging. I begged God to open me up. I knew I was missing some profound truth about myself and my place in this world and I knew I needed Him to start me on a path that I was oblivious to. So I cried, begged, and pleaded. That was it. Then I began to constantly journal, pray, and study the bible along with other Christian inspired books. I specifically remember a book calledBlue Like Jazz that really stirred me. I was an empty vessel when it came to my knowledge of God, with only one direct resource, a Baptist church. And that is where God met me, and our journey began.
Click here to continue reading How Buddhist Meditation Led Me to Christ